So detox baths are my absolute favorite! Quite a few of my friends know that I am obsessed and my husband just thinks it is crazy… but I believe in the benefits. A detox bath is meant to detoxify and cleanse out your body. It makes me feel revived, light and fresh. Give it a try if you need to feel a bit more centered — recipe and tips are below!
- 1 cup Epsom salts (as you can see, I like Dr. Teals specific for detoxification)
- ¼ cup baking soda
- Optional pinches of lavender extract (usually added if you pick a plain Epsom salt) or a candle to make you happy 🙂
Instructions and Tips:
- Remove all make up and mascara (you will be sweating – a lotttt! And this also helps your pores get all the toxins out)
- Fill your bathtub with as-hot-as-you-can-stand water. I have a pretty high tolerance for hot water so this may be why my husband thinks I’m a loon but the heat and steam in the room is what opens everything up!
- As the tub is filing, load in your ingredients and swoosh them about
- After the tub is filled, completely submerge yourself as much as you can. Excluding – of course – your head.
- Stay submerged for 20 minutes (I usually play music or sometimes keep just my hands out of the water to hold a book to help the time pass – but if you know you cant stand it any more – give yourself a break!! Sometimes I can only last 10 or 15 minutes…)
- Make sure you keep water by the tub and stay hydrated!!! (you are losing a lot of water in your body during this process)
- After your twenty minutes are up you will probably be light headed so do notttt rush to stand up and get going… relax and let the water drain – then run some cooler water and splash it on your face. Take your time and move slowly. Practice breathing –actually breathing.
If you decide to give it a go – let me know what you think!!!!